1. Who is this legendary figure of Theseus? Why does he say to Hippolyta: “I woo’d thee with my sword, / And wonthy love doing thee injuries …”?
2. What kind of dilemma does Act I present to us?
3. Why should the four young people of Athens go into the forest at night?
4. Who are Oberon and Titania? Why do they quarrel with each other?
5. What makes Lysander and Demetrius change their love for Hermia?
6. How is the charm that has been put upon them eventually released?
7. What kind of play are those tradesmen rehearsing in the forest at night?
8. Is their performance at Theseus’s nuptial successful?
9. What do you think are some ofthe main characteristics of A Midsummer Night’s Dream?
10. Why is the play symbolically termed as a “dream”?